Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shopping with Martha Pullen

I spent some time talking with a wonderful person in Alabama today. We spent time shopping while flipping through my Martha Pullen catalog and cruising her website to gather the items for Oliver's christening gown.



Last night I plowed through boxes to find my box of patterns. Finally I found it after about 10 boxes -- ln a box at the bottom of a large stack labeled "downstairs, red box, miscellaneous." Who knew?

Anyway, after checking that I had all the appropriate pattern pieces, I made a mental list of what I needed: Swiss Nelona Batiste, French Val lace, swiss embroidered entredeax, mettler thread, schmetz needles, and a pair of lace point scissors. Instead of worrying about finding things in that mountain of boxes I ordered almost everything I need at one time -- it should all be here the beginning of next week. I think I must have ordered a hundred yards of lace!! All I have to find now is a spool of Sulky embroidery thread.

As I wait for delivery I will make my pattern with the adjustments that need to be made. I will say that it is simple, elegant, and long. I even have Merle's approval on it's design! I will give you a sneak peek at one of the laces ... the rest will have to wait until it is finished (c:

2 comments:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

The lace is beautiful! Enjoy every stitch of creating this wonderful gown. I will never forget delivering the Christening gown you made for the Pastor Jenny's baby. When she unwrapped it and was so overwhelmed, it brought tears to my eyes, I was so proud of you ! You have a gift, your Christening gowns will be cherished for generations.