Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!

It is a beautiful day outside and I expect it will be a good day all the way around. This morning Merle gave me my birthday present before I left for work – a new camera! It is a Coolpix P5100. Twelve megapixels and will do wonders taking pictures in museums, and any place else for that matter.
It has a high-sensitivity mode and an anti-shake mode that my former camera did not have. Now all I have to do is read the User’s Manual so I can use it. I will charge everything tonight so I can take it to Philly tomorrow to see Jenny. So far today I have had my sister sing “Happy Birthday” to me by phone, received cupcakes and small gifts here at work, and chocolate mint that smells wonderful (that I can root and plant too). A good kick off for the day. I put a roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight -- that will make the evening easier too.

No comments: