Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Smudge

Traffic was terrible this morning. Our 7:00 am bus arrived on campus at 8:30 am. I read most of the way -- The Volcano Lover, I have to give a book report next week. I had started the ride in the semi-dark with the reading light on. By the time we were on the Fairfax County Parkway the sun was shining and there were white clouds piling up in the crisp blue sky. That is when I saw the first one. A rainbow smudge-- peaking out from a tear in the clouds. Not an arch ...a smudge. It was like a secret wanting to be seen. Looking to the right of the sun, there was another one. It made me smile. No one on the bus had seen -- they were too busy napping, listening to music or reading. The smudges made the long trip seem inconsequential. I started my day with a smile and a haunting of rainbows!

No comments: