Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cough, Cough

Well I had my Dr’s appointment yesterday. We spent most of my physical time talking about this terrible cough that has plagued me for months. I coughed so much this week I actually pulled muscles in my back. Long story short – I am on a round of Depo-Medrol. If this round of steroids doesn’t work the Dr. is sending me to a pulmonologist. Off I went for an x-ray to have when she works up the referral. I also had to bump up my diabetes medication because steroids automatically raise your blood sugar! None of this really makes me happy, especially with my family history of lung cancer. I am trying not to be alarmed, but not hiding my head in the sand either. Two steps forward, one step back. I guess if you do it long enough you will get where you want to be.

No comments: