Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Testing . . . 1, 2, 3

I really blew that one!! I totally misunderstood the criteria for the essay quiz that I had in my Rediscovery class today. I had memorized two explorers from the book The Blue Nile that we have been studying to compare and contrast. Lo and behold the test explanation said compare and contrast peoples (i.e. British, Malmukes, French, etc.). We could cite individuals to tie it all together. Well, instead of letting panic set in I went ahead and did the comparison that I had put together. I wrote a note to the professor explaining that I had misunderstood -- and turned it in. It is 5 points of my grade. I am trying to learn not to get hysterical about life -- and academics. After all ... it isn't fatal if I fail this quiz! Right??

2 comments:

Paint-Me-Dioxazine said...

RIGHT! even if you get a 50 on the quiz for only comparing/contrasting the characters then that's only a small fraction of the total grade. =) you're a good student - much better than i was in college! <3

Angela and Devin said...

test scores don't get us into heaven. thank goodness. :-) but i am sure you did just fine.