Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tropical Storm

What is the only thing that will make any woman go out in the midst of a Tropical Storm? A long awaited hair appointment! I woke up this morning with mixed feelings. The thoughts of being pampered with a much anticipated cut and color versus battling the wind and rain of Tropical Storm Hanna left me undecided on what to do. I finally packed some reading (story of my life these days) and put on my raincoat and headed out the door. I drove 14 miles rain one way in the blowing rain to have my hair done! Refusing to take I-66, I drove the back way down Wellington Drive. Only saw one wreck on the way there. On the way back it wasn’t raining quite as bad, but the wind was up. As the radio told me the area was under a “flash flood warning” I forded a stream across the road around Nissan Pavilion that had not been there a few hours earlier. I made it home safely … with a fearfully wind mussed hairdo, but extremely happy!

1 comment:

Paint-Me-Dioxazine said...

ACK! don't drown or destroy my little golf!
(also: can't wait to see the haircut - i need one badly)